Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mojave Desert Cross Stolen (LifeSiteNews)

LOS ANGELES, May 11, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Less than two weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld a cross display in the Mojave Desert, the 75-year-old landmark has been stolen, reported the National Park Service Monday.
Mojave National Preserve officials discovered Monday that the 7-foot cross had been stolen, and the metal bolts anchoring the cross cut off, National Park Service spokeswoman Linda Slater said.

I hate to start speculating, but I don't think this is just a random theft.

The hardcore atheists and their allies in the left-wing civil liberties groups have been trying to get the Mojave cross torn down through legal means for a while now.  And now, all of a sudden, it disappears shortly after a higher court rules that it can stay up.  I'm not saying for certain, but it seems like a strange coincidence to me.

Lately, I've been getting e-mails telling me about a website, atheistactivist.org, which encourages atheists to desecrate and destroy the crosses left on roadsides to honor those killed in auto accidents, even going so far as to recommend a particular brand of tools for the .  Forgive my suspicions, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone took them very seriously and decided to do the same thing to the Mojave cross

According to the website, a "major announcement" is forthcoming.  Hmmm.

If I'm right, and I hope I'm not, I can't say I'm surprised.  I've been expecting this kind of brazen anti-Christian activity for a while now.

Let us pray for the misguided souls behind this.

No comments:

Post a Comment