Friday, November 19, 2010

NCReporter: Australian priest publicly calls for women's ordination

Courtesy of WDTPRS and the NCDistor... excuse me "Reporter".

'I am convinced in my heart that it is God's will that we should have women priests … I feel prompted by the Holy Spirit to share my position publicly, and yet very reluctantly,'' the sermon said, according to a report on the Web site theage.com.au. ''I believe certain women are being called by God to the ministerial priesthood, and our official church is obstructing the work of the Holy Spirit. I feel I can no longer sit back and remain silent.''
He conceded that as ''an insignificant little parish priest'' he lacked the profound theological training to contradict papal teaching, ''but some things you just know in your heart, in the core of your being''.

Rubbish.

A spade needs to be called a spade, so that's what I'm going to do.  This priest is preaching heresy and needs to be disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment